Eco Yes Technologies - A registered entrepreneur incubated under Science and Technology Entrepreneurs Park (STEP), IIT, Kharagpur had its origin in the year 2003 when it was established as the Indian Institute for Sustainable Awareness and Research (IISAR) run by a group of Research Scholars of Agricultural and Food Engineering Department, Rural Development Centre etc. of Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur. Getting enriched with knowledge for more than a decade the present renamed organization i.e. Eco Yes Technologies is rich with its strong R&D team comprising of several Senior Professors, Scientists, Agriculturists, Research Scholars of different premiers Institutes of India like IIT, Kharagpur, BCKV, Mohanpur, CADC, West Bengal, SIPRD, West Bengal and many other National and International Non Government Organizations. Driven by the lofty objective of contributing to the national growth through use of economical and eco-friendly technologies for sustainable agriculture, Eco Yes Technologies is committed to provide better sustainable technologies to the Indian farmers and weaker sections of the society working with the thought of Swami Vivekananda.
"Our duty is to encourage everyone in his struggle to live up to his own highest idea, and strive at the same time to make the idea as near as possible to the Truth"
The organization is meant for imparting training to the middle level officers, and other field level functionaries involved in community development programmes of the State and to guide the institute in matters relating to Training, Innovations for Sustainability, Dissemination of Sustainable Eco Friendly Technologies and Research. An effort will be made in establishing a Sustainable Techno-Economic viable Rural based Agro-Animal Farming System. The organization will deal with integrated farming system including high value horticultural and floricultural crops, animal husbandry and fishery. Besides, agro based tourism will be established for better interaction of rural and urban communities. The project aims at both production and processing of the agricultural commodities and establishment of market network for employment generation and upliftment of Rural Economy. There will be a provision for imparting advanced training to the rural people, both skilled and unskilled labour. A total network of production, processing and marketing of various commodities will be generated so that farmers should get maximum consumer price. Ultimately the weaker section of the people will be benefitted either by direct employment or involvement for monetarily rewarding livelihood. This paved the way for direct financial participation of Funding Agencies in some of the Training, Innovations for Sustainability, Dissemination of Sustainable Eco Friendly Technologies and Research programmes of the organization, as well as conducting of sponsored programmes.
The vision of Eco Yes Technologies is to focus in the coming years:
1. Utilization of marginal waste land by Introducing high value crops model including agricultural crops, plantation crops (tea, mulberry etc), horticultural crops (non traditional crops like straw berry, dragon fruit, Kiwi etc), floriculture, high value vegetable crops and medicinal plants. An Agro-forestry and Agri-silviculture crop model will be considered using various economic crops.
2. Development and dessimination of low cost green house technology, poly house technology for cultivation of off season vegetables, flowers for higher income generation and upliftment of rural economy.
3. Development of agro based vocational training centers, educational libraries, information kiosks at village level for providing training and upgradation of the knowledge for rural youth. More emphasis will be given to backward people for motivation and involvement in advanced agro based technology.
4. For successful crop production animal husbandry including fishery, appropriate rain water harvesting and water shed management and utilization of modern irrigation technology will be practiced and disseminated to rural communities. Both surface and ground water resource will be explored for year round crop production.
5. For sustainable agriculture, an ecological and organic farming concept will be introduced through establishment of vermicompost and biofertilizer units at every household level. Techniques for development of bio –pesticides and bio-fungicides using local and village resources will be introduced among rural communities for crop protection.
6. Food process technology will be given importance for value addition as well as reduction of post harvest losses of agricultural commodities. Establishment of multipuporse cold storage for preservation of vegetables, flowers, fruits and other commercial crops will be attempted.
7. To avoid post harvest loss of perishable commodities and distress sale technologies on food processing and value addition will be given to rural communities for better storage and marketing of agricultural commodities. As per requirement miniature form of multipurpose cold storage will be established for preservation of vegetables, flowers, fruits and other commercial crops to avoid post harvest losses.
8. The planning of crops and animal husbandry will be done based on availability of local resource, soil type and climate considering the need of the local people and demand.
9. Involvement of Self Help Groups (SHG's) and establishment of marketing chain for various products will be made.
10. Implementation of Agriclinic and Agribusiness for development individual entrepreneurship programmes.
11. Establishment of an advanced integrated farm for supplying of agricultural inputs like nursery of horticultural crops, seeds, high productive animal breeds and fish fingerlings.
12. For easy and accessible farm operations partial mechanization technologies will be adopted and disseminated among rural communities for increasing work efficiency, timely agricultural operation and higher work output. A service co-operative of farm implements and machineries will be introduced for ready accessibility of farm implements at any point of time.
13. Introduction of Agro Tourism concept for better interaction of rural and urban communities.
Eco Yes Technologies is organized as the apex institute in the field of training, research and dissemination of low cost modern technologies for development and upliftment of rural economy. Its target is to enhance the human resource of the state. With the objective to reach the people, the organization endeavors to impart training to the elected representatives of the rural people. It also organizes training programmes for the field level officials including Block, Sub-divisions and District level development personnel, the NGOs and many others. Its goal is to improve the working efficiency of development functionaries and development workers in the field level. To implement this objective, it organizes training programmes covering the issues and the programmes of rural development. Implementation of the principles of decentralized planning & governance at grass root levels require thorough understanding of the ground realities. All out development in the rural sectors cannot be achieved without comprehending proper implications for the issues relating to agriculture development. To grapple with these issues, the organization goes in for marketing research, action research and collecting of case studies of rural development to examine and analyze the factors contributing to the improvement of economic and the social well being of the people in rural areas. The ultimate focus is, however, on the rural poor & the disadvantaged groups.
The Eco Yes Technologies renders services to promote development of the rural poor and improve their quality of life through the capacity building programmes.
1. General objectives:
To organize training programmes for rural development administrators and panchayat functionaries, NGOs, and others to facilitate exchange of ideas. To promote study/ research and to deal with relevant fields and factors contributing to the achievement of economic development and social well being for the people in the rural areas.
2. Specific objectives
a. To organize conferences, seminars and workshops for rural development administrators, NGOs, Sanitary Mart Managers and others.
b. To aid, promote and co-ordinate research and action research programmes through its own and other agencies including universities and rural development organizations.
c. To analyze and offer solutions of specific problems encountered in the planning and implementation of various programmes of Rural Development.
d. To study various aspects of the PRIs and Rural Development programmes across the districts.
e. To prepare, print and publish papers, periodicals and books for dissemination of information in furtherance of the mission of the Institute.
f. To establish and maintain libraries and information services and computer networks. To collaborate with other institutions, associations and societies in the state or in the country or abroad who have identical interests.
g. To suggest alternation and amendments in the existent rules and regulations which are in vogue in the field of rural developments and Panchayets.
h. Training for capacity building of the rural development functionaries is an integral part of the rural development process. It is imperative to equip the officials and PRIs with appropriate knowledge, skill and attitude as well as to keep them abreast of the latest changes in Govt. policies, strategies and programmes. These directly contribute to their working efficiency. Representatives at the Gram Panchayats, Panchayat Samities and Zilla Parishads who plays vital role in the planning and implementation of Rural Development and Poverty Alleviation programmes needs orientation and information about the objectives of planning and implementation process of these programmes. There are also a number of NGOs engaged in rural development and they also require increased capacity to cope with the situations..
1. Cultivation and commercial production of Strawberry in non-traditional agro-climatic condition for upliftment of rural economy (2014):
Strawberry generally grows in a temperate climate i.e. places situated at higher altitudes with low temperature. A trial was conducted for commercial cultivation of Strawberry in a hot and humid weather of Southern part of West Bengal for socio-economic upliftment of the rural community. The trial was successful. The variety selected after several trials was successfully established in this region with good yield. Presently the harvested fruit is packed and successfully marketed in local towns and nearby metro cities.
2. Approach for economic upliftment of rural communities through sustainable technologies in the interior hilly region of Darjeeling Distt (2014).
An initiative approach was taken in the interior hilly region (Kalimpong) of Darjeeling District of West Bengal for Economic Upliftment of Rural Communities (mainly SC/ ST) through Sustainable Technologies. Different training programmes were conducted on production of organic manures using microbial decomposers, vermicomposting, commercial cultivation of organic crops, low cost tea processing technologies for very small tea growers and its marketing, use of green house during rainy season for protected cultivation, better cultivation methods for cardamom and its drying, preparation of botanical pesticides, biopesticides and biofungicides for crop protection etc.
3. Approach for cultivation, research and development of Tea & Coffee in the acid lateritic tract of Purulia district for upliftment of rural economy (2014 to till date):
Ayodhya Hill in Purulia district is an extension of the Dalma Hills of Jharkhand. The hill is ideal for rock climbing, trekking and popular for its scenic beauty. The hill is characterized with high altitude (2850 ft) and sloppy land receiving rainfall ranging from 800 to 1100 mm with relative humidity and temperature varying from 45 % to 70 % and 5° C to 42 ° C respectively. The major population of the hill includes SC/ ST communities lying below poverty level with limited agricultural activities. Considering the land situation, topography, soil character, soil pH and other agro-climatic condition initiatives were taken to introduce long duration crops like Tea, Coffee along with other high yielding horticultural crops for effective land utilization and commercial cultivation for socio-economic upliftment of the rural communities residing in the hilly regions of Purulia district. Eco Yes Technologies successfully formed the first women tea producer group named as "AJODHYA PAHAR MOHILA CHA UDPADAK SWANIVAR GOSTI"
The following are the links to the media coverage that have highlighted the contributions of Eco Yes Technologies in Cultivation of Tea and Coffee in Purulia District of West Bengal.
• Bengal brew: Coffee farms in Purulia's Ayodhya hills Jun 17 2014 : The Times of India (Kolkata)
• Bazar Dhorte aschee IIT r Green Tea AnandaBazar Patrika
• Known for its tea, Bengal forays into coffee cultivation (http://gulfnews.com)
• Known for its tea, West Bengal forays into coffee cultivation (http://mideaster.com)
• known for its tea bengal forays into coffee cultivation: Business Standard
• Known for its tea, Bengal forays into coffee cultivation (http://news.oneindia.in)
4. Successful trial on Cultivation and Production of True Potato Seeds (TPS)(2015).
In order to introduce alternative potato farming a trial was conducted on cultivation of true potato seeds in the district of Paschim Medinipur considered as the highest potato production belt of West Bengal. The advantages cultivation of TPS is as follows:
1. Seeds required for cultivation is around 50 gm/ acres. In case of conventional process of cultivation tuber required for cultivation are around 4.5 quintals/ bigha costing about 15 times more than True Potato Seeds (TPS).
2. No transportation cost for True Potato Seeds because of its low weight. Whereas in case of conventional cultivation process high transportation cost is required for carrying seeds to the cultivation field.
3. Chances of fungal diseases like potato blight is very less because seedlings are germinated from individual seeds not from tubers (tuber cuttings are used in conventional cultivation). Hence no requirement of fungicide during cultivation. Whereas in conventional cultivation process huge quantities of chemical fungicides are used in high doses to protect the potato crop from different fungal diseases.
4. Yield of potato obtained from True Potato Seeds is same as the yield obtained from conventional cultivation process.
5. The micro-tubers obtained after harvesting can stored and used as potato seed for next year cultivation, which is not found in conventional method of cultivation.
Therefore keeping the above advantages in mind trial on TPS cultivation was conducted by Eco Yes Technologies in four different farmers' field of the district. The results obtained were outstanding. The result was discussed among the other farmers through power point presentation and videos recorded during the process of cultivation. A satisfactory response and acceptance for the new method of cultivation process was found from farmer's side. They also showed a positive willingness for introduction of this new cultivation method in the coming season.
5. Organic Tea Cultivation at Low Input Cost: A Sustainable Livelihood Option for Small Tea Growers (2016)
Small tea plantations were in vogue in India since early 1960s. Initially small tea growers (STG) were mainly concentrated in Tamil Nadu, Kerala and Karnataka. It was only during the late 1980s or early 1990s they started spreading to North-Eastern states such as Assam and West Bengal. These small holders are unorganized, operating in fragmented landholdings, facing challenges related to land ownership regulations and related procedural problems in their concern states. In fact their technical know-how on tea husbandry cultivation is very poor for which unorganized or overuse of inorganic agricultural inputs deteriorated their soil condition as well as the quality of tea leaves. Considering the gravity of the situation, Eco Yes Technologies in association with Centre for Education and Communication (CEC)[ An European Union Funded Organization], New Delhi organized a 10 days Residential session based on Theoretical cum practical hand-holding training on Organic Tea Cultivation to 120 selected STGs located at Udalguri, Sonitpur, Golaghat, Jorhat, Karbi Anglong, Dibrugarh and Tinsukia districts of Assam, Changlang district of Arunachal Pradesh and Unokoti district of Tripura in five compact training sessions.
6. Development of a multipurpose liquid (Named as Green Nectar) from vegetable and fruit waste by the process of microbial fermentation Everyday huge amount of vegetable and fruit wastes are generated in the market place or at house hold level. These wastes are generally decomposed in unorganized manner and create environmental pollution. R & D wing Eco Yes Technologies has succeeded in developing a multipurpose liquid from these vegetable and fruit wastes by the process of microbial fermentation technology. The biochemically complex product obtained from the fermented wastes is found as a non toxic, chemical free natural multipurpose liquid. The liquid can be used as a natural cleaning agent in household level, can be used as a water cleaner, and can also be used in different fields of agriculture. The residues obtained after completion of the fermentation process can be used as an organic manure. The developed technology is ready to be disseminated among the rural communities for their socio –economic upliftment and also as an approach for recycling of rural waste into a useful commodity.
7. Development of plant growth enhancer and soil conditioner (SAMRIDDHI)
Eco Yes Technologies has successfully formulated a plant growth enhancer and soil conditioner using purely organic inputs. From several field trials it was observed that application of this organic input (SAMRIDDHI) enhances shoot development, root development, flowering and fruit formation in plants. It was also found to improve the soil quality and enhances the growth and development of soil micro-organisms.
SAMRIDDHI contains: Natural Cytokinin, Vegetable based Amino acids, Microbial enzymes, Bacterial growth promoters, Humic and Fulvic acid extracted from decomposed organic sources, Natural Polyphenols and Organic Stabilizers. It can be sprayed uniformly over the crop canopy @ 2 ml/ lit of water.
8. Commercialization of Tea cultivated in Non- traditional areas of South Bengal
Tech Green Tea is a well established brand of Green Tea developed by Eco Yes Technologies. Tech Green Tea is a premium quality green tea, grown organically in the non-traditional acid lateritic tracts of South Bengal and processed by the Department of Agricultural and Food Engineering, IIT Kharagpur. The department started growing tea plants on experimental basis in the year 1996 and has its own 25 acres organic tea garden at Science and Technology Entrepreneurs Park (STEP), Gopali. Several R & D projects funded by DST New Delhi, Tea Board, and National Tea Research Foundation (NTRF) running under Tea Engineering Research Centre, IIT Kharagpur. Eco Yes Technologies in association with STEP IIT Kharagpur and SRIC IIT Kharagpur successfully commercialized tea grown in the non-traditional areas of South Bengal. Eco Yes Technologies is also considered to be the first organization to commercialize tea organically grown in the non- traditional areas of Bengal. Eco Yes Technologies also bears the TMCO License issued by Tea Board, Govt. of India.
9. Development of a Hand operated multipurpose low cost Rice Puffing cum Roasting machine (ANNAPURNA).
Targeting the low income group as well as women empowered self help group (SHG) Eco Yes Technologies in association with State Institute of Panchayets and Rural Development (SIPRD), has developed a hand operated multipurpose low cost Rice Puffing cum Roasting machine named as ANNAPURNA has been designed and developed for income generation at home scale. The machine can be used for production of puffed rice, roasted chana, groundnut, cashewnut, chura and pop corn.
The advantages of the machine are as follows:
1. Heat proof Insulated Metallic Body
2. Mobile Structure equipped with four Metal wheels
3. Body painted with heat proof furnace color ,stable at a very high temperature
4. Attached with Top Oven – Can be used for cooking using the same heat energy
5. Attached with damper to control the heating process
6. Puffing/ Muri making Capacity – 18 to 20 kg/ hr
7. Can be used for frying Chana, Groundnut, Cashewnut, Popcorn , Chura etc.
8. Fire wood consumption – 8 to 10 kg/ hr.
9. Total Weight (approx) - 76 kg
10. Working space required – 6ft x 4 ft
10. Establishment of Agriculture based Industrial Training Institute. (2016) Eco Yes Technologies in association with Green Field Agrotech has successfully initiated an Agriculture based Industrial Training Institute (Green Field Agrotech Private ITI). Such agriculture based vocational or Industrial Training Institute (ITI) is considered to be the first initiative in West Bengal. The Institute has its own well established research laboratory along with research field. The institute is NABET Accredited and Affiliated to NCVT under Director General of Training, Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, Govt. of India and Directorate of Industrial Training, Govt. of West Bengal. Other than regular academic programmes Institute also conducts different government sponsored skill development programmes related to agriculture.
Magnox Technologies Private Limited
Registered with STEP IIT Kharagpur
Eco Yes Technoloogies
Science and Technology Entrepreneurs' Park, IIT Kharagpur
West Bengal, India - 721302
Mobile : +91 8145601190, 9733483970
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org .
The Corporate Identification Number (CIN) of Eco Yes Technologies is U01403WB2014PTC201874 (issued by Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Govt of India, Kolkata), VAT and CST number: 19841202755. PAN Number: AADCE6849F, TAN Number: CALE04675G
Details of Goods and Service TAX (GST) Click here .